Olga school believe that building strong, trusting relationships between families and school will ensure that your children will be happy, enjoy learning and achieve their best.
This is a message from our new Family Support workers, Shabana Begum and Nazia Ahmed.
We understand that sometimes families experience difficulties which can place stress on home and school life. We are here to listen and support families and work in a non-judgmental way.
If we can’t help directly, we will signpost or refer parents and carers to appropriate support. Here are just some examples of the things we can help you with:
· School induction / getting involved in school life
· Family relationship problems
· Parenting and building positive relationships with children
· Support with children’s learning
· Courses and workshops in school
· Attendance and punctuality
· Children’s behaviour
· Referrals to TH agencies and help completing forms
· Support for meetings
· Training, education and employment opportunities
· Health, well-being and emotional issues
· Housing and financial worries
· School transitions (including online applications/transition to secondary schools)
· Home visits by appointment
We will be in school on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and will be organising some informal coffee mornings, please pop in to say hello.
Or you can contact us on 07983 921 737 or email email@example.com (Shabana) / 07932 760 401 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Nazia) or via the school office.
We’re very pleased to have Amirah and Nina from the Legal Advice Centre working with us on Friday mornings.
They are available to give free advice and help around issues such as debt, benefits, allowances, bills, appeals and other. Other people in their team may be able to help with things like family law or housing. If you would like to make an appointment with the legal team, please
contact Shabana or Nazia to book.